Sunday, July 11, 2010

Presidential Posterity

While I was busy at The Great Family Adventure and after this most patriotic of holidays, a friend of mine was digging in the genealogy garden and came up with a great find for me.  It seems that my roots produced a President.  What a surprise.  For 25 years I have found only commoners and scallywags.  Of course they are all very special to me. But, who knew? [smile]. It appears that my great great great grandfather Baldwin Harrel Taylor who lived in the remote Smokey Mountains mountains of Cherokee County North Carolina in the late 1800's was a second cousin to President Zachary Taylor....they share the same grandfather...or great grandfather, I'll have to look again to be sure...my...my... my... [tapping my finger pensively.]

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Interesting thoughts I really enjoyed your blog