Sunday, July 21, 2013

HOWDY BIRTHDAY! SURPRISE!

Is there a horse lover in you life?  My beautiful daughter- in-love loves to ride.  I made a birthday wish with a surprise in this card Using the new Sizzix Pop N Cut Card die.   The outside of this card is as shown above and the inside is shown below.  

It was a stormy gray sky outside when I took these pictures and it affected the colors somehow.  What shows as blue on the outside of the card is actually a steel gray.  And the card base is a coffee color.  

I also have difficulty with blurred images that I can't ever seem to correct.  Maybe I will try a tripod next time.  I would have taken these again, but I had already given the card away!!!!  So, I apologize if your eyes are going crossed looking at my pictures.


 This is what the Sizzix Pop N Cut die looks like.  It is shown with (left) and without (right) the magnetic insert.  There are other inserts that are made for this basic die.  The card below is the card opened with the outside showing.  

There are two cuts with the Pop N Cut die for this card.  The first is the length of the card that has the cut outs of the label that the horse is attached.  This becomes the inside of the card and was cut with the flowered paper.  

The second cut was of coffee brown card stock and it becomes the outside.  This was a quick and easy way to make a pop up card.  I'm pleased with this purchase and hope to add some of the additional magnetic dies that are available.




Punch and die cut ovals used for the background of the little cowpoke.

The little cowpoke vignette is framed by smudging the outside of the oval with ink and daubers as pictured.
Martha Stewart punched flowers.



EK Success punches are used for mounting the horse onto the pop up.


The sentiment is die cut with a Spellbinders die.




Heartfelt Creations has many beautiful stamps that were created to be used with Spellbinders dies.









No comments: