Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Secret Garden Tri-Shutter Card


I don't know when I have enjoyed making a card as much as this one.  The tri-shutter Bigz XL die from Sizzix made this complex idea into a snap of a card to make.  However, it took me awhile to realize how easy that it could be.  The first thing that I took note of about this type of card is that it gives you space to use all of that coordinating cardstock and paper that we all have so much of.  I didn't use many layers on this one, but it is a great layout to layer with many different types of patterned and coordinating paper.  I learned quickly that the trick to this layout is to cut a die cut for each coordinating paper and then trim the small pieces down to layer them.  This was much better than measuring.
I started with a basic coral color cardstock.
Then chose images from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden pack.  This is a beautiful paper set.  I love the lilac and corals together, but ended up using the coral with blue.

 I remembered some K&Company embellishments that had similar colors.


No comments: