Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birdhouse Blast








You know those cute little birdhouses that you see at the Craft Stores for a dollar? I was in Michaels in Chicago and saw a basket full of them. They have such cute designs. I have always loved miniatures and these appealed to my sense of fun. I decided that I had a bookshelf that needed a little color and so I picked out five of them. This bookshelf holds a very large flower arrangement of orange tiger lilies and purple petunias and trailing green vines. I wanted to add another touch of those colors to the room. I began work on one of these birdhouses and was amazed at how fast that it was to complete and so I kept going and had all five of them finished before the day was out.

Here is a final picture of the birdhouses in their place on the shelf.







No comments: