Monday, June 7, 2010

Handmade Paper



Recently, I have added a new craft to my list of things I enjoy. I have been making handmade paper. Each piece is a one of a kind, depending on what I find to put in it. My sister was visiting and we had been to a craft show where they demonstrated paper making. We bought our paper making accessories together. We came home and set up shop and went to work. The grape hyacinths were blooming. The little purple flowers that remind you of a grape bunch. My husband picked a handful and we threw them in the blender and poured the pulp into the frame to see what it would look like. They turned out like little purple dots, very pretty. Each concoction is a new treasure. We robbed the pantry of the parsley, we finely chopped peanut shells. We used glitter, paper towels, chopped up ribbon...anything that won't rot is fare game. Ii think the one with peanut shells is my favorite. We had quite a complex recipe for the last one we made that night, peanut shells, glitter, parsley, angel wings, potpourri and a little scrap of napkin for color we poured the pulp in the tray and my sister squealed with delight. "Ooooh, this one is going to be pretty!"

3 comments:

Pat Moore said...

I bought all my paper making stuff so long ago. I love the look. Some day... Thanks for the inspiration. ...Pat M

Anonymous said...

great handmade paper - I would love to try this sometime - love the end results.

Bobbkat said...

Thanks for your kind words ladies. Diana, I purchased by supplied from Paper Alice. There is a link under my Favorite links to her website. She has a video link on her site for viewing how to make paper. I hope you give it a try, it opened new worlds of fun for me!