Sunday, July 11, 2010

Paper Casting Dragonfly

I wanted to try paper casting.  Here are the results!  The technique is quite simple.  I layered 8 layers of toilet paper squares, sprayed them with water and then mashed them into the mold.  They were difficult to remove, so I went back to the instructions and learned that I can use a spray vegetable oil on the mold.  The card you see is a result of the first method.  The second method with the vegetable oil spray did come loose from the mold very easily and the paper did not have oil stains or feel oily.  The mold is an Arthur Grummer mold.  The dragonfly is chalked with Stencil Chalks.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye 291132 ...something Mamas Curtains.  The stamp is from Stampin Up.  Ink is Tim Holtz, Spruce.  I'm not sure where I bought the sparklies...probably Michaels or Archivers.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very pretty! You can do the same "technique" with your rubber stamps . . . layer the toilet tissue, spritz, then stamp into it with your rubber stamp and allow to dry. Opens up a lot of possibilities, especially if you have quite a collection of stamps!