Saturday, September 3, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar

I have been meeting with a group of ladies called Stampin Chix for quite a few years now.  At Christmas time we have a secret gift exchange.  We each list 3 Rubber Stamp sets that we would like to have and then exchange names.  When you recieve the list of your partner you choose one or two sets (we set a $30 limit) and then you purchase those sets and make 3 items using the rubber stamp set.  The purpose is to give the giftee some ideas of what can be done with the stamp set.  Last Year I chose the Stampin Up set "Have a Seat" and "Aviary".  I came up with the idea of an advent calendar with the title "Christmas Chair".


























 I used the Sizzix matchbook cover die and cut out 25 of them, then stamped the inside and placed them on a cute paper that I found.  I apologize for the blurry pictures, I had not discovered the proper way of focusing with this camera yet and was having a difficult time.  The rest of the pix are kind of fuzzy and maybe not for those of you with a queasy stomach, but maybe you can get the idea.  This project was a lot of fun as I pulled out all of the tiny stamps that I owned and used the largest variety of stamps of any project that I have ever made.  I used the Tim Holtz tiny attacher to staple the inside card to the matchbox cover.   It was challenging to create little vignettes of the tiny chairs and come up with so many different Christmas scenes.  All in all it was a very fun project and I used many stamps that I had not used before.

No comments: