Sunday, April 14, 2013

Scotland's Poet by Highlander Celtic Stamps





Robert Burns 1759-1796, is noted as Scotland's National Poet.

"O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others

see us."  "
The best laid schemes of Mice and Men oft go awry"
This beautiful stamp from Highlander Celtic Stamps was the inspiration for this tribute to the noted author.
All stamping on this project used Ranger Archival Ink.

 This stamp was unmounted and I stamped it using this Crafter's Companion Acrylic block which is shaped differently from  most acrylic blocks that we use.
 The Crafter's Companion has a rounded surface that allows the stamper to "roll" the stamp onto the cardstock.  The idea is to stamp without losing any of the detail of the stamp.  I thought it took a little getting use to, but did work well.  I will continue to use it for awhile and then decide what I think.

 I used a Spellbinders tag to cut the beautiful frame for the cameo of Burns.

 The blue size oval scalloped punch was EXACTLY the right size for the oval in the middle of the frame.

 I am not sure who to give credit to for this stamp.  If anyone knows, please let me know.  If I remember correctly I purchased it at the Stampaway Rubber Stamp Show in Cincinnati several years ago.  I remember that I had to look up the stamps in books and then they pulled them out of drawers as unmounted.

 I used Eclipse Paper to make a silhouette of the book and candle stamp to use as a mask while I stamped the written word stamp in the background.
The background stamp of writing is made by Inkadinkado.
The background layer and Burns cameo are both airbrushed with Copic markers and distressed using a variety of tools to give them a vintage look.
T






 The card was then assembled and layered on a layer of butterscotch cardstock off centered on black.







No comments: