Monday, March 26, 2018

FUN WITH BIBLE JOURNALING!

KNOCK, KNOCK, SURPRISE!  IT'S M E!!!!!

Hello, knock, knock, it's me.....I know its been a long time, sorry didn't mean to scare you, but yes! I've written a blog after three years!!!  I have really forgotten how and am creating this one as a trial and error to see if I can really do this again.  Maybe not too much has changed.

Well, I'm still a rubber stamper and paper crafter and more into genealogy than ever!

My latest adventure is into Bible Journaling.  The name is a little misleading, at least for me.  It is more Bible illustrating for me.  Using my stamps and similar techniques for making cards, I have made a couple of images to go with Bible passages that have a tender spot in my heart.

It isn't' really about the art so much, as it is about engaging with the scripture passages and meditating on their meaning while you work. The artwork won't be perfect, just as our lives are not without imperfections.  So, it is OK if you make a mistake or it doesn't turn out quite as expected.  Just like every new adventure, it is a learning experience.

So, I started in Genesis. I remember in science class the first time I was shown the periodic table of the elements.  I was fascinated thinking, you mean that is all the ingredients that it took for God to create the earth?  This was just unacceptable, I was sure that here had to be more, but it was still fascinating to think that I was at least looking at a lot of the basic building blocks of earth all spelled out on a chart.  So when I read the Genesis account of creation, that's where my mind goes.  And it was a perfect place to begin my Bible journaling.

I was able to purchase a stamp of the periodic table of the elements.  I included as schematic drawing of a shell as it might have been drawn out and then the end product. Voila!  Creation!  The background is water colors and the elements below are Washi Tape.  The shell is actually a napkin that I decoupaged in.  I colored the opposite side in with some watercolor markers and I'm sorry to say, it bled a little.  Oh, well.  I'm sure the workshop of creation got a little messy too.

No comments: